Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday!!



We made it through our first week of language school. We went out this afternoon and met Bethany's friend's mother and our landlord. It turns out our back door opens into an alley shared by only him and is right across from his back door. The kids tried it and our door had been unlocked ever since we've been here. We got to come home that way since it started raining while we were out. This is a picture of Bethany's friend and our crew watching a video on Mom and Dad's bed. Yes...we know the headboard TOTALLY rocks! We are planning to cut it into pieces and take it with us when we leave because it is the best ever ;-)!



This is a shot from class just after the "bird sang" to tell us it was noon. The bird also sings at tea break and various shift times. The bird, however, sounds nothing like a bird. They told us to listen for the bird and when we heard it no one knew what it was! "That was the bird," they said. The man standing is one of our teachers. They are great and laugh at us when we do silly stuff. Like today...you see we repeat all the time..I mean ALL the time. So he said, "Repeat after me." And without thinking we all followed, "Repeat after me." "No, no. Wait and listen, then repeat." Oh, OK. Gotcha!



Here is the scene when we get home. We have a lady who comes and helps us and each day when we get in from school there is this great lunch actually waiting on the table for us. I feel like Craig #1 coming in to a hot meal like that! She actually makes enough that we have leftovers most evenings for dinner. I am not sure how we could do all the language stuff without her help. I'd tell you how much it costs us but then I'd have to tell her how much YOU make and you'd be embarrassed. We do pay for that ourselves, in case you are wondering. This is barbecue chicken, rice, mixed vegetables (carrots, cabbage, baby corn, red peppers, broccoli), and fruit (mango, papaya, honeydew, and watermelon). You know we are in Asia since last night I made mashed potatoes and when she sat down Angie said, "What? No rice?" She just had to make the best of it.

5 comments:

Aunt Re said...

Yeah TGIF...The food looks yummy!
Maybe you can study this weekend just you two and practice. Who is the other class mate? If you are still up I'll call Jerry right now about the pool...
LLL RE

piano lady said...

What a great-looking lunch! Is that honey chicken? Have a great weekend.

piano lady said...

I'm glad your teacher has a sense of humor! I'm sure he needs it. The headboard must be great for reading in bed - one of my frequent pastimes. We had our directory pictures made this afternoon - oh, joy! I hate it when they make me laugh too big. And it always looks too much like me. I like seeing your new friends.

Roberts Family said...

Hey it's great to see pictures of you guys! Glad you're doing well :) What an adventure!

piano lady said...

Oh, honey BARBECUE chicken! Did it say all that the first time I read it? I'm losin' it!