Monday, October 22, 2007

Cleanliness is next to roachiness


Here is where the showdown happened between a screaming Angie and me armed with deadly bug spray versus a big ole flying roach!! Its the Master Bath, right next to our bedroom. Now if you care nothing about normal life this is not the post for you.

You see pictured here our shower and a bit of how we live. Starting on the far right is our shower head...very convenient for taking down and rinsing kids since we have no bathtub. It is attached to a little in-line water heater. Notice the one knob. That gives you the choice between off and on. Actually the heater has two controls one for temperature and one for water pressure. All the way down its pretty hot...maybe I am just adjusting.

The water heater is attached to our incoming water line and also to a bottle of LPG gas that is in the blue tile square. That square actually is a plastic tub of sorts. In normal houses you would fill that with whatever temperature water is in the tank outside and then pour the water over your body. They don't take showers like I do.

We have another tank in our second bath and one for the stove. Water at all the sinks (for dishes and handwashing) is the same temperature as the tank outside. The tanks exchange for $5.50. We changed one Saturday. I looked very cool saying, "Satu El-Pi-Gi" which is what they call it. LPG..El-Pi-Gi.

On the far left you see the mirror that sees me when I am in the shower. Before we left I heard Colin Cowherd on ESPN Radio say, "Stand in front of a mirror naked and jump. If anything jiggles, you are out of shape." I didn't need his help then and I don't need that mirrors now.

1 comment:

Aunt Re said...

Hellooo....I did not get the update today...we are checking postini.com to see if it thinks it's spam. I will email your mail call. LLL Re