Friday, March 20, 2009

A Night With Dad

A hot Friday night home with Dad is a great time for some refinement.  So we all watched Nacho Libre again!  Now I think Jack Black can be sort of like Jim Carrey in that once you see one movie of his you have seen them all.  He only has a certain number of voices, faces he makes, etc.  But this is still a movie that is funny if you find Napoleon Dynamite funny (sadly, we don't have a Napoleon DVD).  Just thinking of the guy attacking him over his chips can make me laugh.

I tell the kids if they had two parents like their Mom, we'd have colonized the moon by now.  Instead we have economic downturn which I feel in someway may be all my fault.  

So anyways ... sometime if you would like to join us in our quarters for some toast, we can watch this fine American film together.

**Special DVD owners note:  watch the scene where Nacho and Sister Whats-Her-Name get together to eat toast.  Notice Nacho's toast which is big, about to fall apart, small, then big again.  Awesome!!

**Side note, I think the Jack Black/Cloris Leachman thing on the "movie" during an episode of The Office may be the funniest thing he has ever done ... or maybe it was Kung Fu Panda.

4 comments:

piano lady said...

I love how transparent and un-pretentious you are! It will serve you well.

Richie said...

Jon Heder (b.k.a Napolean Dynamite) also falls under that category w/ Jack Black & Jim Carrey. BTW, I caught the "so anyways" joke. I never noticed the toast size changing. That's awesome! The Cloris Leachman thing was pretty disturbing lol. I would love to join you in your quarters some time to watch this amazing film!

Todd Belcher said...

You should instead be exposing your children to classic literature, fine paintings, and the true masters of orchestral music. However, I do see the merit of this film's (not "movie's") intellectual insight. And I found it's dénouement stimulating.

Craig and Angie said...

What a great word. I've always wondered how to spell it. Also, how did you get that thingy over the first e? As a classic literature man, I need to know how to make those thingys when I write about bidets some day.

You should read the wiki entry on bidets. Man, who has that much time to write about that stuff..