Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Blast from the Past

A friend recently sent this great old time photo of Craig from early in his radio days!  If I'm not mistaken this was taken in front of what was the Junior's Department at Castner Knott in Greenwood Mall, Bowling Green.  Maybe I am wrong.  But I doubt it.  

Certainly many of you will say, "Wow.  He was much thinner back in those days."  But I think Paul wouldn't like you saying that about him!!  HAHA!  Yeah, I was quite a bit thinner and other times I was bigger.  Life is like that, isn't it?

I can still remember how excited I was about getting my orange jacket.  I think also this is at least version 2.0 of my jacket since it was the "updated logo" that came with frisbees.  Steve could tell you better about that, though.

Scenes like this are what I think of every time someone asks if I miss radio.  Well, almost what I think of.  What I actually think of is either throwing frisbee in a parking lot in Greensburg trying to explain to someone that we really were out of t-shirts ("streetfleeting" was the best).  Or I also think about standing on a hot car dealer parking lot on a sunny Saturday trying to convince people to stop having weekend fun and come buy a car they can't afford.

How could I do it you wonder?  Free hotdogs.  People LOVE free hotdogs.  And free rodeo tickets.  But nothing can draw out the people like free lottery tickets ... except maybe the sounds of Santa Claus and the Kokomo by the Beach Boys.  

**Apologies to everyone reading this who never got to listen to Hottest Hits.  You probably missed me in my prime.  But at least you weren't stuck in the same room with me for hours every morning like Paul.  Any wrinkles he has now he earned during those early shifts with me.**

4 comments:

Aunt Re said...

Craig I sent this to Paul I thought he would get a kick out of this. Hope you all are well...we will be home after 8pm Wed to chat...w/Amanda. LLL Re

Unknown said...

Ouch! Make Paul the butt of the fat guy joke, eh? It's okay. I AM pretty fat these days.

piano lady said...

I didn't know you then, but I know firsthand how people can be transformed! Isn't it funny what kind of things we can give priority?

wsexton0 said...

So DO you miss radio?