Monday, November 5, 2007

"You wake up to lies everyday."

That was actually one of the best things I heard in Virginia. The reminder that spiritual warfare starts early each day and the enemy doesn't fight fair. From before our eyes open the lies begin: "You deserve to sleep in today." "Ten more minutes won't hurt." "I don't want to go today."

I was reminded of that this morning. We've been dealing with too many "You just can't do it" type thoughts the past week or so. Too old to learn. Too many other things going on that keep us from advancing. Its easier for other people. No one really expects us to be able to accomplish all that.

Last night, though, I spent some good time in the Word and was realizing how much I had been letting those planted thoughts distract me. Jesus surely doesn't spend time telling me what I can't do. I think He is more in the business of doing "all things" through clay pots. I got up energized and two minutes into the day found myself thinking all these things OTHER people should be doing differently.

That is when I remembered that teaching. "You wake up to lies everyday." EVERYDAY. Every one of us. So what will guide my day today? "You can't" or "I can do ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthens me"? I guess that's my choice, right? And yours! Thanks for being part of my encouragement.

3 comments:

Aunt Re said...

You can do all things...according to Phil 413 don't ever forget that.
LLL Re

piano lady said...

Isn't that the way we are? Just when we start in the right direction, we start looking at others. He is above that, though, and He is in you. Fight the good fight, run the race before you! You CAN do it!

Luchadors (Pic) said...

We believe in you guys. God has called you to this and he will equip you. We are proud of you!!