Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm too sexy for my shirt...



Angie got a haircut on Friday. She was going to have her eyebrows waxed. That was the whole point of going to the overpriced salon we went to. They said, "We will cut your hair while the wax warms up." So the lady cuts her hair. Then the hairdresser explains that she is not comfortable putting that hot wax so close to Angie's eyes and offers to do it with a razor blade instead. A razor blade like you use in a box cutter Angie tells me. YOUCH! I'd rather have a unibrow than either of those treatments!

Anyway, all the while I was reading "The Nutcracker" which someone sent to us in a package. After the haircut I was explaining to her the differences between the book and the ballet and she explains to me how very UN-MASCULINE it is for me to be reading The Nutcracker. Seems she got a lot of freedom from that haircut. She was honest with herself ("it looks horrible") and honest with me ("its kind of fruity that you are reading The Nutcracker").

So, she has a new hairdo and I have started reading only BowHunter magazine (actually I just look at the pictures, I don't even read it)!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wise decision. Hair grows back and can always be cut and/or styled. Eyes, to the best of my limited medical knowledge, do NOT grow back. The expression makes the photo... and, perhaps, the hairdo.

Aunt Re said...

To one of the Nine Lords a leaping...I sent the book...you should read it to your little girl then it would not be so fruity...
Angie...always remember your hair will grow back...that's what I said after my $10 hair cut. That's just scary....cut with a razor...LLL Re

piano lady said...

What a couple of classic photos! That is such a typical picture of Craig - he always was a ham! Angie, it's just hair. I should know. I've had my share of bad cuts! Love ya, B