Sunday, March 9, 2008

BISCUITS

Sunday night Craig had the brilliant idea of having biscuits for supper. No problem. Well, maybe one or two. First we had to finally make the "master" mix (sounds like a rapper doesn't it?) that mix makes the biscuits easier. But when we opened our flour we found lots of little bugs. So we "sifted" 5 pounds of flour through a strainer normally used for hamburger or spaghetti.


Then we got to the biscuit making. Hudson was a BIG help and most enjoys the cutting part, of course.


Just an example of how different making stuff is. No canned biscuits that is for sure. I thought we were a big deal ... real Emeril types when we used cornmeal or Bisquick. Now I feel like someone's grandmother with my cream of tartar making my own buttermilk.


Here is little different perspective on the work. The table from Hudson's eyes.

6 comments:

piano lady said...

Hudson, I think you are a great biscuit-cutter-outer! You all rock! You are so resourceful, but I knew this.

Anonymous said...

Ok.. having just read your recent update and now reading about bugs in your flour.. I might say that you are not having as much culture shock as you might think. You see, as home if you find little black bugs in your flour, YOU THROW IT IN THE GARBAGE. You do NOT think threw a plan to remove your bugs and continue with plan A. You all are just growing so much to eat bug infested flour. It is just like you are on Survivor!! LOL

Unknown said...

Twila says, "Do you have whipping cream?" If so you can make wonderful, Tim's opinion, biscuits with 1/2 pint of whipping cream and 8 tablespoons of flour. Trust me when I tell you it makes the best buscuits I have ever had... including the ones Mom used to make.

Craig's Cuz said...

I agree with Stacey. I'm about to lose my Pilsbury Pop top canned crescent rolls...

Aunt Re said...

I would have thrown that stuff out in a heart beat. I hate buggies...
I can't believe you ate the biscuits. Your are a brave bunch.
I hope you cooked the biscuits on high...to kill the babies.
Lol Aunt Re

piano lady said...

I suppose the heat would kill any eggs that the bugs had laid in the flour, huh?