Friday, March 21, 2008

Eww...Honey I think there's a leech on me!


This is where we were standing the first time I ever heard my wife say those words. Right under that shelter. And you know what? She DID have a leech on her. Now had another person not already pulled one off her kid maybe we wouldn't have known right off what it was. But it was. And it was something ... squiggly like a worm and hard to catch and kill! Now there was some discussion about whether or not the same leech got ahold of two different people. I am undecided. I know this sounds cliche but all those leeches look alike to me.


This is a picture of our dear children in the leech-infested water. Don't worry this was taken AFTER the leech removing. This is safer than you think it is. Really. We don't think it was leech "infested" actually.

After the leech and lunch (then we moved to a new spot). Then we had the wading/swimming. THEN after some Good Friday reflection time we had an Easter Egg hunt with some eggs the kids had colored at a friend's house.


But you guessed it. A bunch of monkeys showed up and tried to make off with the eggs. One little guy actually DID find an egg and get ahold of it. It was one of the easy eggs, though, like for Hudson. I wasn't very impressed. What did you think I was going to say, "It started raining" or something?!?


4 comments:

Craig and Becky said...

Happy Easter to everyone!! Was it hard to pull the leech off?? Did it leave some kind of spot or anything? Were the kids a little nervous getting in the water at all? I'm glad the kids got to hunt for eggs, it looks like they are enjoying finding them. Love ya

Richie said...

Looks like fun, wish I was there. Who found the most eggs? Who's the guy in the video? Happy Easter, love you guys!

piano lady said...

You know, there was a time when doctors thought leeches were beneficial! Happy Easter!

Mom said...

You sure have a lot better places to hide eggs than we do. Looks like you all are having a great vacation. Miss you and love you a basket full.