Thursday, December 6, 2007

Some birthday pictures for your enjoyment!

If you squint a little (OK a LOT) you can see these donuts are arranged to say "38". The folks at the donut store were overwhelmingly helpful and I think the whole staff was working on this project. I thought "Glazzy" donuts would be better than cake for this year!


The number candles were actually purchased by someone who brought a cake for tea break at school. I thought they deserved to be reused. Angie blew wax all over one donut because they burned a long time as we waited for Hudson to get out of the bathroom :-). We had to have the donuts right after school or they would've been lost to the ants. The remains went to the fridge. Those chocolate donuts are "blackjacks" a glazed donut dunked in chocolate like an ice cream at DQ. Its interesting and I can't decide if I like them or need insulin after having one.


This is Angie being mobbed by a bunch of folks who thought she was Angelia Jolie but she was just Jolly-ole Angie. A common mistake. Actually, she was being interviewed by people practicing their English (much like we do to poor people everyday).


A look inside the swanky place (wave to Dave) we went to for Angie's birthday dinner. We sat on these cool couches and listened to loud rap music. Read: Romantic! Its a very nice place and we couldn't afford to be within 100 yards of the place in the States.

3 comments:

Aunt Re said...

I love your donut cake in a 38...that's great! Your husband is so clever. You are a special lady!
I hope to skype you before you go to bed friday night....I'll get up extra early for Me! I hope you are still celebrating your BDAY!!!
LOVE YOUR BFF

piano lady said...

Oh, the places you'll go! Some popular author said that.

piano lady said...

I can understand how they mistook her for A.J.! Those donuts look much better than some cakes I've had! Happy 38!