Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Lunch!

Here is the turkey we searched all over to find. Here, also, we are my turkey tips:

Get an oven with no temperature markings so when you are supposed to cook for an hour at 450 then change to 350 you actually bounce from 475 to 325 and back a few times for the first hour. Then keep on doing that for 4 hours

Massage the bird. MASSAGE it. With butter. Making faces helps.

Stand in awe of its golden brown goodness.

Feast! We had corn pudding, turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, pea, carrots, and Angie made HOMEMADE angel biscuits with yeast and everything. Pretty incredible if I do say so myself. Especially the butter massage...

3 comments:

piano lady said...

That looks wonderful! You all are so talented and resourceful. I didn't know you could cook turkey. I have never cooked one in all my many years. It's a beautiful bird!

Craig and Angie said...

Craig is a wonderful cook! He has soooo many talents!

Aunt Re said...

Your Turkey looks great...I'm glad you got gravy too, yeah....JB & B did they stay all night? Everyone looks like they had a great time.
Angel biscuits by Angela...you could write a cook book.
Lll Re