Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Step Up to the Plate

I have a friend who is a local pastor. We go to his church sometimes and even though we don't understand, uhm, all of it ... it is still normally a good time. He also has this thing for dragging you into stuff in a very public way so you can't say no.

Like this Sunday, we get called up front only to find out an impromptu "men's choir" is going to sing, yikes.
The ladies thought it was very funny until the shoe was on the other foot. The women couldn't be outdone.
This is how the sanctuary looked from up front with all the men on the stage.
At the end of the service, my friend leaned over and said, "Can you help receive the offering?" Then when that was done the other "usher" asked if I would do the prayer after the offering. Oh well, I guess if we were asked in advance, we'd refuse most of the time.

2 comments:

Anthony and Sharon said...

...I actually had to help pass the note from the back of the sanctuary to the women sitting in front of us who were responsible for the "impromptu" choir deal (or at least, I'm pretty sure that's what happened). Your prayer (in another language!!!) seemed like the only logical follow up to the "candid" and less-subtle-than-they-think videoing of the congregation during the song service, the impromptu choir, and the white guy taking their money during the offering time. :D Yet what fun to sit and think that the same God who died for them, died for me and has sealed them with his Spirit! Makes my height seem a little less obvious.

piano lady said...

I remember you can sing! First the men, then the women. Kinda like Hallelu, Hallelu, huh?