Sunday, July 17, 2011

Speaking of Supermarkets...

We've been trying to remember when exactly it happened but can't do it. But last year our refrigerator compressor went out and we lost lots of important items. Most importantly, Angie's Miracle Whip.

Now a person can buy mayonnaise at any old market around here but Angie is convinced that Miracle Whip and mayo are not the same thing. So being the awesome husband that I am I started on this quest to find Miracle Whip. I literally entered every grocery store I came across in every place I went.

In and out, up and down the aisles of hot Indian grocers, searching through Mega-Import-Super-Markets (and finding Fruity Pebbles but no Miracle Whip), even in Korean grocery stores! I searched high and low to no avail. It could not be located.

Eventually I hatched a plan and some people carried MW in from another country. TWO JARS came just about a month before we left! One we opened and used those last few weeks knowing we could bring reinforcements from the USA when we returned. Which we did.

So imagine our surprise when we got back and went to a local grocery this week and saw this:
That is not just Miracle Whip, its MW in a SQUEEZE container!! And its right beside Ranch dressing (which incidentally was also by some awesome and twice-the-price Hidden Valley Ranch bottles). Miracle Whip! We couldn't believe it.

So imagine how we felt when in another spot in the same grocery we found these:
BIG Miracle Whip, Miracle Whip light, and even FAT FREE Miracle Whip. It sort of made all my fantastic husbanding look a little less impressive, which is why I bring it up. Just so no one forgets.

2 comments:

Aunt Re said...

You are a great husband...Tell Todd Miracle Whip...not store Generic kind...there is a difference.

piano lady said...

They are not the same thing! I used to prefer MW when I was younger, but now mayo is my preference. And we would never forget!