Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Kabobs are Harder to Grill than You Think

Angie got this awesome idea to grill out some kabobs last week. It made me wish I paid more attention to that Grilling Guy on Food Network. All I actually know he does is put things under a foil tent to let it rest after he cooks it. Nice, but inadequate for my needs.
We found out we are a bit better at cutting peppers than we are pineapples. I could do a post called 'Pineapples are Harder to Cut than You Think' (I could also do the same for mangoes).
It all came together, though. We got from the kitchen to the grill.
Our extra pieces ended being for Dad since the kids wanted to eat off the skewers. The only struggle was keeping the meat from spinning on the skewer and just burning on one side. Guess I need to research that.
How colorful is that?? Pretty darn tasty, too. Well, at least Mom and Dad thought so. Bethany ... maybe not so much.

2 comments:

piano lady said...

It looks wonderful! Sometimes, they run the skewer through a piece twice, thus preventing spinning!

Craig and Angie said...

dads. they post bad pictures of you. :) just kiddin dad love ya.


bethany