Tuesday, August 10, 2010

This Will Bless You!

A few days ago I installed the free Kindle app from Amazon.com so you can download books and read them on your Mac, or iPhone, or Droid phone, Blackberry, or whatever. So being the thrifty man I am I also downloaded this FREE BOOK by Hudson Taylor.

Its a autobiography and it reminds me again why we named our son after him. What an amazing guy. To read him say things like, "He all but knocked me down again and again, seized me by the hair, took hold of my collar so as to almost choke me, and grasped my arms and shoulders, making them black and blue. Had this treatment continued much longer, I must have fainted."

Then just a few paragraphs later he is saying, "As we were walking along, Mr. Burdon tried to give away a few books that he was carrying, not knowing whether we might have another opportunity of doing so." To think he was being dragged around by the neck while soldiers argued whether he should be killed right off or taken to the magistrate first and his thought is of passing out bibles while he still has the chance!

What a great testimony that you can read and be encouraged by for FREE ! I hope you do it and I hope the Lord blesses you with increased desire to follow Him as well.

**The other book I'm working through is AW Tozer's The Pursuit of God and its on there too but requires the investment of 95 cents plus tax, so its not for the fainthearted.

No comments: