Thursday, May 6, 2010

Yeah, that is what I thought you said

Hallmark cards have nothing on the romance of t-shirts in Asia. They are so full of love and incomprehensibility. You can say anything you want and slap two teddy bears and a heart. BAM! Romance!
I have seriously considered bringing back shirts like this for every Christmas gift for family members but assume no one will wear them. You need to be a pretty cool teenager to wear something like this. Some of the dumber kids will think you didn't know it wasn't an Ambercrombie shirt and will make fun of you. That is simply because they aren't cool enough to wear something no one else can imitate.

I do know a few cool people (i.e. Brian Pickerel) who can wear cool stuff and make it look awesome. How few there are, though, who can carry it off. I guess my cottage industry making fun of Asian English will have to wait a few more years. Until then I can only imagine Old Navy ripping off my idea and intentionally trying to produce shirts like this one.

5 comments:

Mom said...

I can totally see Kori or Shelby in that shirt. Kori loves things no one else has.

FYI that is the way my thoughts are most everyday.

Anthony and Sharon said...

I know plenty of people who would wear them.
My problem with buying them was I always felt like it was a huge double-standard on my part. Make fun of their English when I butcher their language everyday? That's askin' for it.

Andi said...

you should send that to Engrishfunny.com. Or at least look at the site for other English atrocities. It's pretty funny!

Andi said...

Okay, just a clarification, I recommended that site having only looked at it several weeks ago, when the amount of inappropriate material was quite low. After I commented, I checked it to see what was new. Now, it seems the world has submitted funny engrish signs of questionable content. So, sorry I recommended a rude site, I didn't mean to. :)

piano lady said...

You are too weird, my friend! That shirt would be a great conversation piece, though. James would wear it, I think.