Monday, May 3, 2010

French (Fry) Toast

Doesn't this look tempting? A basket of two curry puffs and french (fry) toast. Actually, its neither french toast nor are they french fries. That is butter cut so expertly that it looks like a crinkle cut fry on a piece of toast.

But sometimes when you live outside your own culture you get things you'd never expect, then you get used to it. A couple of weeks ago on the show Bizarre Foods the guy was eating fish head curry and Hudson said, "Fish head curry? That is not a weird food."

2 comments:

Aunt Re said...

I see some yummy te limo ice....I'm thirsty. LLL Re

Anthony and Sharon said...

Where was this?! The tile so clean, the western cuisine. I mean. Kidding! I really didn't mean for that to rhyme.
The question is, does Hudson eat fish-head curry?
We watched "2012" (or whatever it's called) the other day and I have to say the only authentic, believable line in the whole movie was when the Indian Scientist said about his gorgeous wife to his friend, "Yes, she gets more beautiful all the time, but her fish curry hasn't improved." Though the rest of the movie proves otherwise, I think that shows there was some sort of research into making the movie real-to-life.

And I second Aunt Re's desire for Teh-O-Limau dengan ais. How much longer?