Friday, May 28, 2010

Now Intestine Free!

For lunch today we tried these new smoked sausages we found. After buying them we saw the main selling point: Tiada Usus!
Now in the middle the thing says "skinless" but as you can see from an internet dictionary, "usus" doesn't mean "skin" it means "intestines".
I'm no fool and since I have watched River Cottage more than a few times, I know real sausages come from grinding up an animal's meat and then feeding the meat back into its own intestines and smoking the package. But these tasty treats were delightfully free of intestines.

Its got me thinking about how many things should be sold with that tag: Now With No Intestines! Popsicles, soda pops, pizza. No ... wait ... can't use pizza, can you? Not a Meat Lovers anyway. Oh well, guess I need to give it a bit more thought.

1 comment:

piano lady said...

You think too much, sometimes! Now I know why my friend is a vegetarian!