Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January, O January!

Having one heart with our brethren in KY and the midwest who are suffering with freezing temps this week, we update you on our weather courtesy of the thermometer Angie got me for Christmas.  This was about what it looked like when the experiment started.  87, our start time was about 12:45, so this is actually an "after" shot ... just pretend with me.
So we put the outside transmitter dealie in the direct sunlight and waited.  After 3 minutes it was already 100!!
Fearing it would break, I put it back where it normally goes.  On a shelf outside and not in the direct sun.
I forgot to take a picture before I moved it.  The temp got up to 109!!!   By the time I got it in the shade and got inside to take the picture it was down to 102 and continued falling (even though the arrow says its going up).

Notice that inside it was 83.  I've yet to see it get below 81 in the house.  But each night its been getting to around 75 outside.  When we wake up the humidity is around 85% but falls pretty quickly.

2 comments:

piano lady said...

Thanks for warming us up! Everything is relative, isn't it?

Aunt Re said...

I don't feel any warmer...I wear 2 pair of socks, a vest, ear muffs and ski gloves...I'm still cold when I go to work or home....are you crying for me now. I'm like Goldilocks...it's too warm there and too cold here...I want it just right.75 degrees daytime would be fine for me. LLL RE