Saturday, January 10, 2009

Home Sweat Home

Its so great to be back home.  Sweating.  For Christmas Angie got me a digital thermometer with the humidity reading, an outside sensor, weather forecast, et al.  So. I am going from room to room saying, "Whew...its 84.2 in here!"  And it is.  Right now at our dining room table at 8:53am, it is 84.2 with 69% humidity.  But you know what??  I am SO glad!  All those frigid KY days and nights can help a guy appreciate a little sweat on January 11th.  

So far we have been trying to unpack and get things put away.  Its a chore since we left with 2 suitcases and came home with 9!  The customs people looked, turned away, looked again, opened their mouths, closed them, took a step, stopped, then finally just let us go on.  Who wants to mess with a bunch of greasy-haired, exhausted white people at midnight?  We are not that interesting (except to TSA in Louisville who opened nearly every bag).

It seems there was some sort of debate in the neighborhood as to whether or not we were returning.  Our friends said people kept commenting, "They've been gone a long time.  They're not coming back."  And they would assure them we were coming home it was just a super long vacation.  So around here instead of people greeting us with, "You look good!"  They are saying, "Hey ... you came back!"

BTW, Sympathy to all you Titans fans.  Who can we pull for now: Eli or Big Ben?

3 comments:

Aunt Re said...

We are in mourning here...Todd, Marvin, Richie & Keeton all watched the game @ Casa de Belcher.
I cooked junk food....yum. So glad to hear you are warm. We are definitely against the Ravens. Arizona looks good though. LLL RE

Richie said...

I'm glad you're glad to be home! I had a great time visiting! Thanks for the sympathy. I watched the game with the Belchers & Claywells & Keaton. It was sad. I say pull for Big Ben! (I'm a Cowboys fan, so there's NO WAY I'm pulling for Eli!)

piano lady said...

I'm glad you're glad to be warm! I have no idea who these teams or people are, so "no comment". I'm glad your friends missed you, too.