Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Are You Boiling The Bones?

One tradition we have around the 'ole Davis house is after all the turkey has been ripped from the bones I like to boil the bones and make soup.  Its the kind of thing Angie doesn't like so much when I do it (she thinks I am soooo cheap).  It was a bit harder since we had carried all the turkey stuff 8 hours from home.  But I got it done.

There I was Friday after our turkey time in the mountains.  Then Angie says, "What are you doing in there?"  "Nothing," I say.   Then she knows.  "Are you boiling the bones?"  Ouch ... busted!  So after the bones were boiled and cleaned I had to carry the magic goo home in a ziplock bag until today when I freed its goodness!!

Oh, the finished product.  So tasty!  Even famous chefs long for my recipe.  But there isn't one.  I just make it up as I go along.

We did encounter the issue of not having wide egg noodles but we tried it with some bow-tie pasta and it worked out OK.
Don't they all look so happy and satisfied?

3 comments:

Aunt Re said...

I am amazed that you ate Bow Tie pasta....Pasta...and Craig D. Who is this adventurer? LLL RE

piano lady said...

You're my kind of cook! I may not cook much, but when I do, I improvise with the best of them. Just ask Carla!

Todd Belcher said...

Actually, it's only MOCK Turkey Bones Soup