Sunday, November 23, 2008

Its Coming Together


With Thanksgiving approaching, our holiday things are coming together.  A few weeks ago we found some canned cranberries, then recently a package of Stove Top stuffing.  Finally we found this guy.

Some folks had said turkeys were hard to come by and expensive so we were excited to get this dude.  Weighing in at around 8.5 pounds, he cost right at $32.  Not exactly the loss leader you'll find this week in the US groceries but still we are glad he will get to be a part of our holiday!!

5 comments:

Aunt Re said...

You are truly blessed...but US Turkey's I am told range from $1.00to .89 per pound. I ofcourse will be buying my bird precooked and ready for serving...so it will be higher. Happy T-day! Re

piano lady said...

Once again, I have escaped having to prepare a bird. My sister and sister-in-law are doing the honors. I purchased cheesecake and pumpkin pies at Walmart! Ever the creative cook! Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Craig and Becky said...

I'm not cooking this year, for a change. We're headed to Eugene for our turkey day. We hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! We'll be thinking of you. Love to all.

Richie said...

We'll miss you at Mom's, but at least you'll be here for Christmas. Happy Thanksgiving! Maybe we can Skype? I love you!

Tiffany said...

DUDE! JEALOUS! We cannot find turkeys here but we are having ham and some roasted chickens. Hope y'all have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving.