Monday, November 10, 2008

Excuse Me, Mr. Potter....

I think it must be sinking in around where we live that we are just here and weird (like in that we buy LOTS of potatoes and little rice) but sort of normal and OK and not too interesting.  But tonight we drove about 40 minutes away to another part of town to check out a mall.

Of course this mall has a KFC and we ended up in there.  So after we ate and went to the counter to trade Hudson's toy for another some employees came out to our table.  "Excuse me, sorry to bother you but you speak our language, right?"  "Well, yeah...a little."  "Well, can we take a picture of your kids?"

We used to get this all the time but not so much lately.  But tonight the camera phones were out and everyone was staring.  Thankfully, the kids were taking it OK tonight and so not only did they get pictures of the kids but with the kids as well.  

This is the confusion of getting everyone set up for the photo shoot and checking our light meters and stuff.

Also becoming rarer is people stopping Caleb to tell him he looks like Harry Potter.  I think that is half the reason for the photos.  People here think he is a dead ringer for whoever it is that plays Harry Potter in the movies.
This is the money shot.  The blonde hair.  As Hudson's gets darker, he gets out of some photos but Bethany remains a blonde star.  "Is it natural???"  They always ask.  I wonder who would color a 7-year-olds hair then I remember about the Moms at County Fair Baby Shows and get my answer.

Then when it was all over, the most amazing thing.  They brought us out a gift bag from the back.  It was this bag made from untearable KFC material with something for each kid and the newly popular KFC paper towel holder with a chicken on top!  It was just like the kind of gift bags they give Paris Hilton for showing up at stuff.  Pretty cool.  And I would've just settled for a free refill.

4 comments:

Richie said...

Wow I have celebrities in my family! BTW, Daniel Radcliff (spelling?) played Mr. Potter.

Aunt Re said...

Your little "stars" are handling the papazi very well I think...Harry Potter...I never saw him that way but now that you mention it...he does...Next he will want a Lightning Bolt scar on his forehead to match the dog bite on his right forearm....LLL RE

Sandie said...

I love it that you all are stars!!! I do think it's funny that Hudson smiles for other people's pictures!!!! I have many pictures of you all, if there's any money involved!!!! Ha!

piano lady said...

How exciting! Now you know how all those celebrities feel. But you have the advantage in that you want people to approach you. Keep it up!