Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thats All We Got to Say About That


So here we are sitting at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company watching Forrest Gump and listening to John Mellencamp sing Pink Houses.  Its a lot like being in Edmonton except we are the only white people in here.

We have been shopping at IKEA today.  I go back and forth.  We are finding few accessories we likenear our home (hence driving four hours to shop for some) but it can be maddening to be in that place.  "Is that the price for the whole thing ... or just the shelf?!?"  

I am learning something about Sweden from shopping there.  Those folks are incredibly self-reliant.  I reached that conclusion when the cashier pushed our purchases past the register and tossed me a bag.  In our language city there would have been at LEAST two people to bag our stuff and none of them would have been me.  I never successfully bagged my own stuff.  I started often but someone always took it away.  Maybe that is why there were so few Swedes there.  They couldn't handle all the help they'd get!

5 comments:

piano lady said...

At least they had someone at the register! I can never operate the self-checkout. It always hollers at me. There should be a HUGE discount for self-service!

Unknown said...

However, you are one up on Edmonton. No Bubba Gump Shrimp and definitely no Pink Houses coming over an intercom!

Aunt Re said...

VBS was a Surfin' good time the Beach Boys showed up...TT, CM, RS and BP, SW. Todd introduced them cool DJ style....I laughed so hard.
Rany had on a plastic elvis wig.
Told all our friends tonight some of your email....the little kids were excited to hear about the kiddos. Glad you are receiving a warm welcome. LLL RE

piano lady said...

Re shared your message with us tonite at VBS - we talked to Dad about you. Glad you're better, Angie! All the kids thought KFC daily would be great!

piano lady said...

Tonite we had the Beach Boys! RS had on a Elvis-style pompadour wig! Remember the Frisch's Big Boy's red hairdo? Like that, only black. Can you picture it?