Sunday, July 13, 2008

Are you serious?

Today I approached a nearly sleeping woman at a stall to ask her if a curry puff was fresh before I bought it.  As she looked back at me I thought, "What a stupid question."

Seriously, what did I expect her to tell me?  The truth?  So my 'word to the wise' is if you think it might not be fresh, don't buy it.  The person selling has a greater responsibility to feed themselves than to the truth, I think.

BTW, it tasted good but would have been better if it was so fresh it was still hot ... :-)

3 comments:

piano lady said...

What is a curry puff?

Craig and Angie said...

Of course, sorry!! Imagine a croissant filled with a spicy Indian curry and some chopped veggies and maybe a slice of boiled egg. Lovingly cooked and set under a heat lamp, then sold for 35 cents. A curry puff.

If you are unsure about spicy Indian curry, ask Betty!!

piano lady said...

I've had curry at the global fest, but i'm not crazy about it. I do like curried fruit, however!