Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mashed Potato Machine

Back in the old days, I (Craig) worked at UPS on the overnight shift loading the next day air planes.  They had the coolest machine, you put some money in and a cup falls down, then some ice, then soft drink is squirted in.  I always watched knowing that some time it would come down in the wrong order or would overflow or something but it never did.

So, yesterday we went to Burger King (let me tell you we are TIRED of eating out).  They were offering mashed potatoes.  We couldn't believe it.  Mashed Taters at BK.  Nice.  Then I saw it: The Mashed Potato Machine!

I asked if the mashed potatoes came from there and she assured me they did.  It had buttons: plain, chicken gravy, cheese gravy (YUCK!), and something else.  Maybe it was emergency eject, that is what I would put in if I worked at Burger King.

When Angie ordered some potatoes we got to see the exciting thing in action.  It was just like the soda machine at UPS.  Something came out, then something else, then a third thing and BAM! the sum was greater than its parts.

Here is what we didn't see come out: potatoes or potato flakes. Everything that came out was liquid.  Then with no shaking, no stirring, no nothing but when we got to the table ... mashed potatoes. Don't ask me how and don't think your grandmother would approve but they sure beat another serving of french fries.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Caleb may need couseling after that experience. Remember his first encounter with instant potatoes?? Caleb I'm here for you if you need to talk.
2 grandma

Aunt Re said...

Amazing...Oooh Aaah!!!

piano lady said...

How fascinating! It doesn't take much to impress you, does it? I know you'll be glad to cook again. How is the shopping coming?