Thursday, July 22, 2010

Things I'd Buy If I Had No Self-Control

One great thing about not having a lot of money is that it keeps you from buying a lot of stuff. The internet allows you to do a ton of shopping only to never buy anything.

So here are a few things I'd buy if I either had a bunch of money or no self-control.

A new phone. Specifically I'd buy an HTC Legend and I'd buy it in Singapore since they are "unlocked" there by law and you can use it anywhere in the world if you buy a SIM card first. Phones here seem to cost a lot but not really as much as phones do in the US if you actually factor in the contract you are obligated to keep. I cannot tell you how many hours I spent researching phones I had no intention of buying while Angie slept. Its like virtual retail therapy. It virtually makes me feel better...

An iPad. I have no idea what I'd do with an iPad but I do think I'd look cool updating my Twitter at the Kopitiam with one.

A zoom lens. I'd be able to take my stalking to a whole new level with the ability to zoom more.

A small camera. Lame that we bought a big camera that won't make videos. We'd probably go for this one. I feel especially bad about this one since we said last year we were going to use Christmas money to buy one. We used the money for bills instead. Isn't being an adult fun?

A Kindle. After Uncle Todd came here and was buying books while we drove down the highway, we were pretty impressed.

A Super Cool GPS. We have a handheld GPS and while we drive Angie acts as the voice and navigator as I attempt to drive on the left-hand side of the road. Sometimes we have issues if we're trying to read something like Leburaya Dato' Hamid bin Akhbar at 100km/hr but normally we get along fine. When we don't work smoothly together, I have a spectacular breakdown and the kids laugh about it for months. This GPS is "sick" as the kids say. I feel old when technology is so much smarter than me...

A grill. Now we don't need a kitchen-sized gas grill just something normal like this baby! For some reason grills and coolers here cost about 10 times what they should. That is why I'd put a smallish grill on a list like this.

So that is sufficient proof that a person can waste a lot of valuable time that could be spent sleeping doing internet shopping. What am I missing??

5 comments:

Anthony and Sharon said...

I keep asking Anthony to let us crate a grill over (we'd be instantly popular on our block!) but he keeps saying we need stuff like furniture and refrigerators.

Aunt Re said...

you are so entertaining. LLL Re

Aunt Re said...

Did Todd tell you he had GPS envy and bought a Garmin Nuvi on our way home from Rome? He likes to say he was converted from Maps to GPS. My Hubby is so funny.

piano lady said...

Our want list could get pretty long, couldn't it? Happy virtual shopping!

Todd Belcher said...

Tip of the Day: While Angie reads the GPS, punch her in the nose twice and she'll switch to a British accent.