Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Favorite Phone Snaps

I finally did the leg work to get all the pictures I've been saving off my phone. Some of these are so great, I've been saving them for two years. Maybe my favorite is this gem: "Negro Brand flour" complete with the sambo guy! Its offensive on so many levels! Sometimes in Asia you just stop and think, "Wow, if I didn't get killed for doing that in America, I would surely be arrested."

One time I was trying to explain to a neighbor that he shouldn't call people "Negroes" and he wanted to know what he should use instead. I replied, "Umm, I'm not really sure because I've been outside the US for 2.5 years and so I don't know what is in vogue right now but I do know negro is always a bad choice."
These kind of signs are so nice. Do people who urinate in stairwells obey signs? I think not.
Can you spot the problem in this reflexology sign?
An oldie. Its hard to believe how much the kids have grown since we moved.
For a long time we could only get mashed potatoes at Popeye's. They weren't great but they were mashed!
This Sunday morning Hudson was whispering so much, I had to sneak a shot. We're gonna be bad attention-payers when we get back to church in KY since we've become so accustomed to talking during services here.

2 comments:

Anthony and Sharon said...

So was that last one actually taken in church?

piano lady said...

That's because you don't have Randy!