Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Gimme a Break

OK, I'll be the first to admit I've been out of the UK Basketball loop the last couple of years. I admit I scanned the brackets a few times thinking I was missing something when I didn't see the Cats (obviously I missed the whole season).

I admit I decided I didn't like Billy G just from his photo (then my Dad said Billy wasn't a very nice guy with the players). And I'm not too sure I will like Coach Cal any better.

But one thing I have been reminded of while reading a bit of the coverage the past few days. Tubby was better than people gave him credit for being. Most reasonable people should be able to see Tubby eclipsed Billy.

Folks should finally get off the T-man's back. He was a much better guy to have on campus and on the court than where UK seems to be heading since he left. Its like they are constantly trying to date Rick Pitino's little sister. Hey, maybe they could convince Denny Crum to come out of retirement if Cal doesn't work out...