Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Whoa! Is that what I think it is?

Today we were in a pet store and they had a fish with TWO HEADS!  Seriously, TWO HEADS!  So I asked the lady, just to be sure, if the fish had TWO HEADS.  And she said, "This guy speaks our language."  I am not sure who was more surprised: me--who usually only sees fish with TWO HEADS on The Simpson's or the Drudge Report or her--who doesn't get many honkeys who speak her language in her little fish store.

So, as we discussed the TWO HEADED fish in her language, a man stepped in to offer his assistance.  He wanted to interpret since I obviously didn't understand what the lady was saying in his language. When she told him I asked "Kalau ikan itu ada dua kepala?"

Its funny people here don't expect us to speak their language so when we do, they think we actually spoke in English since most people understand both.  They have to stop to realize we didn't speak English.  Then they are shocked.  But not as shocked as I was at seeing a fish with TWO HEADS!

**editor's note**
I am like so really totally sorry or whatever that I didn't get a picture of the TWO HEADED fish.  He was kind of gross and could barely swim but they said it had been alive a long time. Just imagine what the "fish head curry people" could do if they could breed freaks like that!  WOW!

4 comments:

piano lady said...

I'm a little slow. I thought you meant she said the fish spoke their language! I need to read more slowly when you are talking!

Craig and Angie said...

You are right, not too clear. So I edited it!!

Tiffany said...

HAAA!! HAAA!! HAAAA!!!! You so crack me up with your stories!

Richie said...

I wonder if the TWO HEADED fish has any relatives in the Ohio River?