Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Don't Treat Me This Way


This is $8 worth of cornmeal that we bought at the import store last week in the capital.  Now believe me that most of what we don't have from the USA is not missed too deeply by yours truly.  But cornbread...that is a different deal altogether!

We got this golden delicious goodness and thinking ahead--put it in the freezer to forestall any meal worms.  So out it comes today for our maiden corn muffin voyage and what do I find inside?  BUGS!!  Actually, FROZEN BUGS.

It makes me wonder, do they put the meal larvae and bugs in at the factory or do they somehow get into the box afterward and grow up once the box has been on the shelf too long?

It was an awful thing to find and quite heartbreaking.  Even more so than when I dropped the $10 jar of pickles as we carried our imported groceries in.  Because everyone knows man can live without pickles...but not cornbread.


2 comments:

Richie said...

Man, what a bummer. Stacey's girls may beg to differ with that last line about not living without pickles.

piano lady said...

I don't love cornbread, but I do sympathize with you. How disappointing!