Monday, September 15, 2008

Thinking About Food

Here is one of our great fruits.  The dragon fruit.  Its full of seeds and so can get a kind of blackberry thing going on with your teeth but its good.

It peels super easy when sliced like this.  The hardest thing for me describing fruit here is getting the texture.  This is soft, much softer than cantaloupe but not as fibrous as a watermelon.  Can't do much better than that though.  I'd just name 10 fruits its NOT like (OK, here you go: grapes, apple, pear, banana, peach, mango, cherry, pineapple, durian, jack fruit.)  WOW, in making the list I thought of kiwi.  Maybe the texture is a bit like kiwi.  What a fruitful exercise (sorry).

 

Speaking of food, this is a look at our full moon.  This means we are right about the halfway mark through fasting month.  

Folks are starting to wear a bit, I think.  The other day Bethany's friend (who is 7 and fasting) sent Bethany home and the parents explained how they all get tired in the afternoon right now.  I guess so.  All this fasting makes me extra hungry and I am not even participating!

4 comments:

Aunt Re said...

Can you export those fruits? I think I would really like that.
LLL RE

piano lady said...

What a beautiful piece of fruit! Is it not grown anywhere else? I've never heard of it. It looks yummy!

Tiffany said...

Steve said he thought it tasted a little like Kiwi ~ then he was a little afraid because he is allergic to kiwi! Nothing happened though ~ so good times!

Is the fruit sometimes white with little black seeds or is it always reddish-pinkish-purpleish like in the picture? We've had the white one and the one in your picture.

Sandie said...

Ok, I'm with Re, I want some of that fruit too!!!!!

Ang---- Just so you know, you all won't EVER be forgotten!!!!!!
Love you all soooooo much!!!!
S<><