Friday, September 7, 2007

Early in the week

We had some travel safety training Monday thru Wednesday which was really helpful but made for very long days. Everyone was in class from 8-5 each day so by the time we picked up the kids we went straight to supper. That is the hardest time of the day. There is so much going on and so many people that it can be overwhelming.

Also for some reason God put me in a family where everyone feels like they have to ENJOY what they are eating! I eat because the body needs food and (with the exception of spaghetti) don't care what it is. I can be just as happy eating peanut butter crackers or steak. Rice? Fine. Baked potatoes? Great. Cereal? Whatever. Just give it here.

Therefore my level of accomodation for everyone not liking this or that about what is in the cafeteria is pretty low. Just eat it...IT'S FREE for goodness sake. Who cares if you like it or not? (See why I get stressed?)

By the end of all that, Mom and Dad are just ready for bed! Especially when we had all the stress of the upcoming training to think about on Monday and Tuesday nights!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya. Food is food, especially if someone else cooks it!

Anonymous said...

I definately can relate to that. I live with that myself. Love ya grandma pam