Thursday, June 12, 2008

Why Do They Hate Us?

I used to hear that question on TV talk shows all the time.  "Why do they hate us?"  I wonder who is "they" and who is "us"?  The "us" is easiest.  It was always Americans.  Us=Americans.  So who are "they"?  Foreigners, maybe?  People who have different dress codes or different spiritual beliefs?  


The interesting thing about it all is that once you get rid of the broad generalizations about "us" and "them" you find out that people are pretty similar all over.  Once you aren't thinking in terms of millions of people but instead approaching individuals, you find "they" don't hate "us" any more than "we" hate "them".   

When we get down to "me" and "you" its a whole different thing!  Its really fun to get to know different kinds of people!






3 comments:

Jim Evans said...

Makes me think of the movie KING KONG (1933) Blonds are kinda scarce around here.

piano lady said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful people! I bet they love the blond hair! Quite a novelty. Thanks for sharing with us.

Craig and Becky said...

I'm glad that Dad was standing close to Bethany. It seemed to me that they were kind of swarming her. But, it looked like she was enjoying all the attention! Love all the photo's.