Friday, June 20, 2008

Too Much of a Good Thing

There is an episode of The Simpson's, I think a Tree House of Horror episode, where Homer is sent "down below" and demons, in an attempt to drive him crazy with stuff he loves, stuff him with donuts and junk food.  He loves it, though, and drives them crazy instead.

I thought of that tonight at dinner.  You see normally we can't get pork.  No bacon, ham, sausage, etc. But since we've been here we have had bacon every day. Ham, too.  And fried pork, dried pork, sliced pork, stir fried pork, pork fried rice, pork that is fried up like hamburger with black olives, and more.

But one put me over the edge at breakfast yesterday.  Boiled pork entrails and blood soup.   I stood there looking at the sign (wanting to photograph it) and thought, "What do they think this is Georgia?"

And this is coming from a guy who has eaten mountain oysters (if you are unfamiliar with those I am sorry to say I cannot elaborate since my momma reads this).  Honestly, some things were NEVER meant to be eaten.  Intestines/entrails are one of them.  

Hearts??  Delicious when fried!  Liver?  Tasty!  But intestines are meant to PASS food; not BE food.  Even Homer couldn't like that.

1 comment:

piano lady said...

Nasty! You've eaten mountain oysters? Yuchh!