Thursday, September 10, 2009

Design Flaw

One of my favorite philosophers once said, "A coffee mug has to be just right. Capacity, shape, handle design, pithy comment printed thereon . . ." Yep. That was the one and only Todd Belcher! I was thinking of him recently when Angie bought me a cup of coffee at Krispy Kreme.

At first I thought they had merely microwaved yesterdays coffee because the handle was so hot I couldn't lift the cup. After waiting a few minutes I found I still couldn't pick up the cup.

It turns out the handle of their cup was hollow and thus full of piping hot coffee. "Now," I said, "I'm no Eric Booth but I think this is a design flaw!"
Angie asked if they'd give us a to-go cup but I guess those are only for to-go coffee and not coffee to be consumed on the premises. We were able to secure another not-to-go cup and I could split the coffee thus allowing the handle to cool, so I could down all that black gold with my donuts before heading to the dentist*.
Here is the close-up, just so you know I'm not pulling 'yer leg. I'm not sure if all KK coffee cups are like that but if they are, someone should drop them a not and tell them to rework things!! Maybe Eric Booth could do that...

*Dentists won't tell you they like you to drink coffee right before you come to their office but I think secretly they love it!!

3 comments:

piano lady said...

I am sure they do, especially with sugary doughnuts alongside! I don't think I've ever had coffee in a hollow-handled mug! Wonder whose bright idea that was?

Aunt Re said...

I guess you don't have to pay extra for the extra coffee you get in the handle. Only little dr Todd would pontificate over a coffee mug. LOL.
LLL re

Todd Belcher said...

Yes, this coffee mug is less than "just right."