Friday, July 17, 2009

Mosquito Fogging

Since July started we have had rain almost every day and so Thursday night the local health department came by and fogged our area for mosquitos. This is a look out our back door. Sorry fog doesn't show up incredibly well, does it?
There is a guy who comes around carrying some sort of device that sprays the fog out. Poor dude I don't understand how he could see. He was wearing a mask but he's just to have ears full of junk every moment of his life. I wanted his picture but there was no way to get him.
Another front door shot. After the guy on foot comes through, then they send in a truck that sprays stuff up into the air to get the 'skeeters as they come out of the trees.
I think this is the best picture. Can you see all that rolling in? I felt like a tornado chaser running to get my picture, then darting away to save myself.
Of course while this is not an everyday occurrence, its not abnormal either. The abnormal thing is the white guy taking pictures of it. Sort of like running to photograph the street sweeper. But then they don't have a cool blog to worry about, do they?

2 comments:

Mom said...

Glad that is taken care of before we arrive although it would have been kind of cool to see. Guess we'll have to look for other interesting things.

piano lady said...

I'm glad they're getting rid of the mosquitoes before Mom comes!