Monday, October 27, 2008

Word Association

Some stuff just goes together.  I say, "Peanut Butter." You think, "Jelly."  Bonnie and Clyde.  Hammer and Nails. Biscuits and Gravy.  

So of course as Deepavali, the Hindu festival of lights approaches--your mind automatically goes East, right.  As in Eastern Kentucky.  When I say, "Hindu Holiday," you think "Miley Cyrus."  Right on, man! Hindu = Billy Ray's daughter. I say, "Vedas," you think "Achy Breaky Heart." Its only logical, right?  
You can only imagine how I felt when I found this Deepavali greeting card today featuring none other than Hannah Montana!  Oh how the over-commercialization of Deepavali grieves me (and don't even get me started on Deepavali greeting cards...)!!

I just tell myself that Hannah is not in it for the money, just trying to encourage the young people to let their inner light loose.  Or that the card is a bootleg.  

Either way, SHINE ON!

4 comments:

piano lady said...

How bizarre!

Richie said...

So America isn't the only country to commercialize their holidays? I guess money makes the world go 'round, or so they say...

Andi said...

Last night my kids spent 4 hrs watching Bollywood versions of High School Musical- weird, right? After 2 hrs they asked "What language is this???"

Todd Belcher said...

Let's keep "Deep" in Deepabali! Amen?