Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Some Things from the Beach

So it really did rain.  A lot.  Notice all the water beyond this little brick wall.  That is not supposed to be there.
These guys are there for some reason ... giving the whole place a miniature golf course feel.
His mouth has a bunch of trash in it, proving people are people wherever you go.
Here I think he is saying, "Ooooooo.  Ice Cream."
The hike from hotel to beach.  It seems there are some cattle on the loose.  So it was like having a beach out by the barn.  At least as the walking goes.  Very Barren County!!
Finally the sea.  I tell the kids all the time, "The sea calls us."  I find it unthinkable to be close to the sea and not have my feet in it.  No matter how brown it is.  This trip I was down to my last 18 hours before making it out.  But I would've gone alone in the pouring rain if necessary.

5 comments:

Richie said...

Who's mouth was full of trash, Hudson's, or the statue's?

Aunt Re said...

Never give up your quest Don Quiote!!! Conquer the sea instead of windmills. LLL RE

piano lady said...

That open mouth looks like the 18th hole where you can win a free game!

Tiffany said...

I agree with the sea calling. I was in a state that borders the sea but, alas, I was UNable to make it to put my toes in it. (I was, clearly, tied up by some spy team or something.)

Craig and Angie said...

We talked about antecedents recently in Bethany's school. If the antecedent is unclear then the sentence is unclear.

So, "His mouth" refers to the statue and since the statue's mouth is full of trash one can extrapolate that people are the same (litterbugs) all over the world.

Thankfully, Hudson is still innocent enough not to have a mouth full of trash. Thanks for helping em clarify ;-)