Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Celebration!

We decided to celebrate this week our successful completion of Unit 5 with something brand new.  We went to Tony Roma's.  We had heard so much about it but had never been so we tried it out.  
Let me just say, "WhoaNellie!"  That was some amazing eating!  When we saw the prices we decided we needed to be celebrating more stuff, so we added our sixth month anniversary here.  And the Wednesday award. And the fact that we found the place without asking directions.  And the fact that they had free refills on sweet tea.

I won't say what animal died to give up these ribs but I will say they were GOOD!  Ribs are not something you find here every day.  One guy told me about going to a "Steak and Rib" restaurant for Valentine's Day.  He searched and searched the menu for ribs and finally asked the waiter.  Then the two had a long discussion about the fact that "prime rib" was NOT in fact "ribs" but the waiter remained unconvinced.  
The hardest part, the prices are the same as the US, except for Angie's which was double US prices.  It was worth it, though!  I can still taste the BBQ sauce.

5 comments:

Aunt Re said...

As Rachel would say Yum Oh!!! It's great to celebrate events especially with good food an great company...did Angie eat a whole side or a Half rack???Lol Re

piano lady said...

You deserve a treat for all your hard work! I've never eaten there, either, but I'm not very well-traveled, as you know! Congratulations on completion of Unit 5!

Aunt Re said...

Ky wokeup to an Earthquake...it happened it IL 5.2 on the scale but we felt it ....it shook the bed and windows...I feel the earth move under my feet....They felt it as far south as TN. WOW LLL RE

piano lady said...

We felt it at Lucas, too! It woke me up, and that's something!

plavnickpm said...

Martina and I were visiting our daughter and family in Evansville, IN, about 40 miles from the epicenter of that Thursday earthquake. Then there were several 4.x quakes within the next three days. We're celebrating being back in Marshfield, MO, where all we need to worry about is tornadoes.