Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Say it Ain't So...

The last two days we have had strong thunderstorms in our area. Last night we had a lightning strike so loud we all yelled from various parts of the house. Later in the evening we noticed the TV worked but had no sound. Today when it happened we lost our Wii. Oh ... no ... faithful friend who made me a pro boxer just a few days ago. Fried. Crushing news that was for our children you can be sure. No sound is one thing ... but no Wii? Who can withstand that?

So I will now write a poem for the fallen Wii:

Oh, Wii.
Wii knew you so short.
Only a month you were with us.
And now. Wii are alone again.
With a TV that has no sound.
And subtitles in a languages wii can't read.
Oh, Wii.
How wii miss you.

Oh wait, we have insurance? That may change everything. Wii'll get back to you!!

(editor's note for the uninitiated: The Nintendo game system "Wii" is pronounced like the pronoun "We". Thank you.

7 comments:

Mom said...

Wii were really sorry to hear about the Wii. No I mean really sorry!!!. Wii can't wait to hear the outcome for this sad tale.

Do Wii need a copy of the receipt?

Love
Mom

Aunt Re said...

Alas poor Wii, I did not know him well....Man that's a bummer! Caleb w/o DS and now the Wii.

RLM said...

I have seen your videos of various wii sessions.

I have read of your wii's demise...alas, poor Yoric, I did not know him, all my friends are ps2's (that's PlayStation 2 for you uninitiated.)

However, I have only been able to come to the following conclusions concerning your situation.

1) I do not believe that Adoniram ever possessed a wii.

2) I am certain good Mr. Taylor (you know who I mean) never was enamored with a tv...sound or no.

3) Although I am sure lovely Miss Moon possessed both (with sound, HD, and picture in a picture)...I mean, come on, look at all the money she makes.

However, I am sorry for your loss. I hope for the following:

1) That wii gets better, or

2) That wii's twin brother comes to visit.

3) That the "children" are happy and ecstatic once again.

4) And that you purchase a surge protector.

5) And use it.

Long story short, wii love you, wii miss you, and wii love hearing from you.

Because wii are his.
Call me,
Puritan

Bryan said...

I knew Wii should have swapped it out for a coffee maker when Wii shipped it... It's probably just a fuse inside.

piano lady said...

What a shame! Wii hope thii get it all worked out!

The Garmon's said...

Dear the Davis family,

we miss going out together and we love you!.


love,
Mary Kate,Ricky,Misty

Tennessee folks said...

Wii would say wii feel you pain, but wii don't even have a DS; just a lowly GameBoy! Wii are sorry for Angie, though; all 4 kids must be driving her crazy! LLL
Tammy