Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Going Away Party

Our neighbors threw us a going away party recently which was awfully cool. We had the chance to hang out with friends.


And they gave us this huge gift.
And then we took group photos...
Group photos...
Group...
Photos...
Group...
Photos....
With lots of people.
Plus we ate and hung around til after midnight talking.
One thing I like about the culture here is that you get to open presents away from the people who gave them. I'm normally a poor gift-receiver (meaning I do not display enough emotion to satisfy the giver) and so this way no one is bothered by how I react (or don't).
But look at Angie, almost crying as she opens it. That is money for the gift giver. I need to work on that. If I cry this Christmas, you should know its because I've been working hard and not because you have suddenly found the gift I've always wanted. I appreciate the stuff I get, I just don't show it well like some people ... like Angie.
It was a great gift, a cool sunburst mirror that all the families signed on the back. Its already proudly hanging in our living room. They told us to take it with us to KY but not sure yet if we'll be doing that.

6 comments:

Aunt Re said...

You all have touched their hearts. LLL Re

Craig and Angie said...

hi. from bethany

Aunt Re said...

Hello Bumble Bee!

Anthony and Sharon said...

WOW! I am jealous on multiple levels, but mostly the neighborhood love. Though if that mirror ever goes missing, don't even bother looking for it at my house because it probably won't be hanging in my living room. (I might put it in my bedroom or over the dining room table)

Anthony and Sharon said...

WOW! I am jealous on multiple levels, but mostly the neighborhood love. Though if that mirror ever goes missing, don't even bother looking for it at my house because it probably won't be hanging in my living room. (I might put it in my bedroom or over the dining room table)

Aunt Re said...

Happy 40th Birthday Mr. Davis...can't wait to celebrate w/you here! A.L. will receive your gifty! But we must break bread somewhere maybe Indian. LLL Re