Monday, April 12, 2010

When its Normal its Not So Fun...

In the past we've documented some excitement with Mountain Dew here. (I thought we had some more and poured over most of the old titles but didn't see any more, maybe there are others buried in these hundreds of blog posts.) Just last week we told you about finding Mountain Dew in local supermarket.

Then on Friday we found these cans in a cooler at a restaurant near our house. Just 50 cents each! Notice its right next to the RUT BIR (aka root beer) and near the Kick-A-Poo Joy Juice off to the left.
Now we're not even surprised to find bottles at the gas station. Seems the Mountain Dew floodgates have been opened.
This would be much more exciting for us if Angie and/or I actually liked Mountain Dew. At least the kids are excited. Now if someone would start carrying Big Red, I might never go home.

3 comments:

Anthony and Sharon said...

Big Red? There's something else I think Doctor needs to order up before Big Red.

Craig and Angie said...

Big Red ... its like drinking candy! I love how the Wikipedia link says it was available in Central and South Texas and around Louisville, KY! At last someone recognizes Louisville's value as a trend-setter.

And also I finally know why every time around here we say we're from Kentucky people say, "Ah, Texas." I had never known what Texas had to do with it...

I remember being at a meeting of old, white men one time and I walked in with a Big Red and upon seeing me Jackie B said, "I wondered who they made that for."

Also, Big Red is 55% of the reason I love to eat at White Castle. That they have FOUNTAIN Big Red makes them the upperest of the upper crust!

piano lady said...

I used to drink Big Red, in Louisville, of course!