Monday, October 12, 2009

Bad Boy Blogger

Not a day has gone by recently that my dear wife hasn't asked me, "Did you put something on the blog?" And not a time has gone by that I haven't replied, "Nope." While we were traveling I didn't even do any Twitter updates since I didn't want to pay the international roaming charges on top of the international text charge I already pay (we can only update Twitter with text message by sending one to England ... boo, hiss).

All that to say we've been having a fine time the past couple of weeks. The kids got to hang around some friends and swim a few times. Plus they got to plant rice and milk a goat. Caleb was a dj, Hudson a fireman, and Bethany received an answer to prayer and got to be a cashier!

One reason that I was hesitant to write something is my lack of photos. I don't like photo-less posts for some reason. We went our whole trip without the ability to share any pix because though we are world travelers we cannot seem to remember to bring along the USB cord we need to connect the camera to our computer. Lame, right? Needing a cord I mean ... not forgetting one. Our camera needs Bluetooth!

The only interesting thing that happened was when we were trying to get on our plane to come home and we had paid for the privilege to board early. When they made the announcement to board they said, "Everyone who paid for early boarding and all the people in rows 15-30 can now board."

Which in Asia means, "Everyone go ahead and board and put all your stuff in the overhead bins at the front of the plane so anyone sitting up there will get yelled at by the stewardess or have to put their stuff in the rear and thus negate the whole sitting-up-front thing."

So I tried yelling at the airline guy in a foreign language which just made him laugh and made us later getting on board. Then when I turned to huff away I hit the NO ENTRY sign and almost knocked it off. It made me seem much madder than I was and I was lucky I didn't fall flat on my face and add injury to my immaturity.

The moral of the story? There isn't one...

2 comments:

piano lady said...

So, you're human like the rest of us, huh? Sounds like one of those things in this world that just doesn't make sense! Glad you're home again!

Mom said...

Sometimes we just get hopping mad with no excuses and no reasons. Sure make apologizing that much harder. I myself like to have some else to blame when I make a fool of myself. Hmmm...maybe that's where you get it??